Monday, November 28, 2011

Praying for the Society of St. Pius X & the Society's Response to Pope's Invitation for a Personal Prelature

For the past few weeks, the Society of St. Pius X has been on my mind.  I have no particular agenda other than the unity that Christ willed for his Church.


I have attended the Ordinary Form of the Mass ever since I started practicing my faith many, many years ago.  I accept the Second Vatican Council, including the documents on religious liberty and non-Christian religions.  These are enough reasons for members of the Society to hold me anathema.

But when I first heard of Pope Benedict's outreach to the Society, my thoughts immediately turned to the Queen of Heaven.  We must pray for the situation.  Many Vatican II Catholics are sympathetic to the issues raised by the SSPX.

The time is ripe under this papacy for development in a way that would respect the Society's issues yet reconcile the situation.  It had to happen under Benedict, whom Fr. Z calls the Pope of Christian Unity.  If it doesn't happen now, there may be major set back.  But if there is success, then maybe the Society could bring their reform issues to the table for further discussion.

I mean, look at the Anglican Ordinariate and now the Ordinariate for the USA this Jan. 1, 2012.  Look at the progress made with the Eastern Catholic Churches.  Look at the Personal Prelature of Opus Dei.  These are only some structures in place in the Catholic Church that show how these are gifts from Heaven.

Please take the offer, SSPX!

I know some of my word choices could have been better above, but I rest in the words of Our Lord who prayed for the unity of His disciples so that the world may believe.  From the point of view of this Novus Ordo Catholic, if the Society were to accept a Personal Prelature, then what good would be done to the Church!

I would definitely visit the Society and attend Holy Mass under the Society's auspices should this take place.  I'd like to learn more about the Society.

So, dear class, let us pray.

And let us ask Pope St. Pius X for his intercession in this matter, too.




Holy Mary, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment