Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Answer Key for Pop Quiz #1: Prayer (10 ponts)

So how'd ya do?  Each question is worth 1 point.  If you haven't taken Quiz #1 yet, click here.


Here are the answers in bold:

1.) Recite the Lord's Prayer.  Click here or:

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.


2.)  The Sacrament of the Eucharist is the "source and summit" of all Christian life.

3.) “Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.  May they rest in peace.  Amen.”

4.) The answer is letter c. Third Roman Missal will be implemented in 2011.

5.) The Liturgy of the Hours is the official public daily prayer of the Church or click here.

6.) "And with your spirit" will be the new response in the Holy Mass to "The Lord be with you."

7.) Name one of the patron saints of World Youth Day in Madrid.  These patron saints, in particular, pray for World Youth Day.  If you named any one of the following, then you are correct:


You can also click here for the official biographies of each.

8.) Current translation of Penitential Act, Form A (Confiteor):

I confess to almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have sinned through my own fault,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord, our God.

 
9.       & 10.) New translation of Penitential Act, Form A (Confiteor): 

I confess to almighty God
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do,
through my fault, through my fault,
through my most grievous fault;
therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,
all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.


EXTRA CREDIT (1 point): Which prayer did Captain America pray in the opening scene of the comic book edition of "Ultimate Captain America"?  

Answer: The Lord's Prayer



No comments:

Post a Comment