Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pop Quiz #1: Prayer (10 points)

DIRECTIONS: Take a few minutes to test your knowledge of Christian prayer.  Each question is worth 1 point.  An answer key will appear in a future blog.  You may check other pages for the correct answer.

1.)     Recite the Lord’s Prayer.
2.)    Which sacrament is the “source and summit” of all Christian life?
3.)    Complete this prayer: “Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, ___________.  May they rest in peace.  Amen.”
4.)    What edition of the Roman Missal is being implemented in 2011?
a.)    First Roman Missal
b.)    Second Roman Missal
c.)     Third Roman Missal
d.)    Fourth Roman Missal
5.)    What is the Liturgy of the Hours?
6.)    Later this year, what will the new response in the Holy Mass be to “The Lord be with you.”
7.)    Name one of the patron saints of World Youth Day in Madrid.
8.)    Fill in the blank for the current translation of Penitential Act, Form A (Confiteor):

I confess to almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have _______________,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord, our God.

9.       & 10.) Fill in the blank for the new translation of Penitential Act, Form A (Confiteor): 

I confess to almighty God
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have _______ sinned
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done
and in what I have failed to do,
through my fault, ______________,
through my most grievous fault;
therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,
all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.

EXTRA CREDIT (1 point): Which prayer did Captain America pray in the opening scene of the comic book edition of "Ultimate Captain America"?  

No comments:

Post a Comment